Is Your Hotel, Motel or Business Considering Membership in the HCHMA?
The Hillsborough County Hotel & Motel Association, like you, if focused on bottom line results. HCHMA and its members have remained a vital part of the business landscape of Tampa Bay for more than 70 years by creating jobs and generating income.
A leading contributor to local tourism-related revenues, HCHMA members collectively represent a multi-billion dollar industry in Hillsborough County.
We share in the success of our members by addressing the needs of the local industry. A number of signature initiatives have been created to positively impact the bottom line of member businesses, offer value added benefits and raise the profile of the hotel/motel industry throughout the community.
HCHMA is dedicated to delivering results, finding solutions and providing opportunities.
Benefits of Membership - The HCHMA coordinates a year-round schedule ofprograms, events and other business-related activities that provide professional development and offer networking opportunities for lodging members and allied members.
The association also takes a leadership role in organizing and coordinating initiatives that are innovative for our industry and invaluable to this community. Among the association’s signature initiatives are the following: Water conservation partnership with the Southwest Florida Water Management District, City of Tampa and Hillsborough County; Annual Industry Trends and Forecasting FORUM; and the Hurricane Preparedness Workshop series conducted in conjunction with the University of Florida Energy Extension Service.
HCHMA Works For You:
- New programs initiated in 2008 included a year-round joint venture launched in conjunction with Tampa Bay Workforce Alliance (TBWA). That agency provides access to a statewide database of job applicants that can be utilized by the local hospitality industry to locate, recruit and fill entry - to management level - job openings for both part and full time positions.
- Another new program links the local lodging industry with high ranking emergency personnel, local officials and major media outlets. During any major disaster, local hotels and motels are now able to better coordinate resources, engage in real time communication to help verify extent of property damage and provide timely updates regarding room availability to help house emergency personnel.
- Members enjoy access to and affiliation with allied members (suppliers, vendors and other industry associates) who can provide skilled labor, special services, products and other resources vital to the growth, expansion and on-going success of the local industry.
- Participation in HCHMA projects and programs offered exclusively to members. Information, images and links featured on this web site are available solely to association members.
- Industry support of select community-wide non-profit programs and initiatives, such as the Children’s Cancer Center and The Spring. The HCHMA acts as the liaison between local hotels and motels to coordinate donations of valuable resources and offer other appropriate assistance to those in need.
If you represent a hotel, motel or resort or provide a service or product appropriate to this industry, please access and review the membership information that best represents your business (Hotel Member or Allied Member) via this web site to learn more about how to apply and qualify for HCHMA membership.
Select the appropriate membership brochure: